HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
BASIC FIRST AID
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Blended & Blended Refresher – Completion of 1 hour of unsupervised pre-course study and 3 hours of face to face training and assessment.
Face to Face Refresher – Completing 3 hours of face to face training and assessment and workplace practical tasks.
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This course is suitable for those students requiring workplace first aid skills. This course was previously called Level 1 first aid. The candidate must be able to demonstrate the knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of: State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to provision of CPR and first aid
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
Considerations when providing basic emergency life support, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
Principles and procedures for first aid management of the following scenarios:
- allergic reaction
- bleeding control
- cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- chocking and airway obstruction
- respiratory distress, including asthma
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- considerations in provision of first aid for specified conditions
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
Course Delivery: This course will be delivered in the workplace or at your venue.
Work Placement Arrangements: No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints: Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments: Cost: $120 per person
• Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider
Assessment Requirements: Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Entry Requirements: Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
• Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
o Perform CPR on an infant
o Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
o Choking with airway obstruction
o Unconscious casualty
o Bleeding and shock
o Snake or funnel web spider bite
o Sprains and fractures
• Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
o Perform CPR on an adult
o Breathing difficulties – Asthma
• Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 843 274 or fill out the form below