HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training
HLTAID012 – Education First Aid Course
This course provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
It teaches how to identify illness or injury, access emergency services, safely provide first aid treatment using action plans, equipment and resources, for CPR, defibrillation, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilisation for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing for improvement of response, recognising psychological impacts, talking with children about their emotions and seeking help as required.
This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011). This course has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Unit HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting supersedes the previous competency HLTAID004 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting.
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by the training provider.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Refresher min. duration – 420 minutes
- Blended min. duration – 420 minutes
- Face-to-face min. duration – 540 minutes
- Online with face-to-face min. duration – 60 minutes
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Cost: $200 per person,
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below