HLTSS00066 Food Handling COVID-19 Infection Control Training
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training
HLTSS00066 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (Food Handling)
In every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which involve Infection control, some more than others. You will get an understanding of how to implement standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks safely. Individuals will gain the knowledge and skills required to respond to the infection risks posed by the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Individuals successfully completing HLTSS00066 Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling) will follow established organisation infection prevention and control procedures, specific to the Food Handling Industry, which will include:
- Hand hygiene and care of hand
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTSS00066 Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling)
- HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
To view full unit details please visit https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLTINFCOV001
This course will be delivered:
- Full face to face training must be delivered in the workplace
- Online learning with face to face assessment at your workplace or venue
- Must be employed and have the ability to complete required assessment tasks in the workplace
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
- Face to face workplace based training – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 45-minute face to face practical assessment
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. Some practical assessment asks are required to be completed in the workplace. All assessments are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Course Fees and Payments
- Cost – POA
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement arrangements will be provided as part of this course. Students must be already employed and be able to complete training and/or assessment tasks in the workplace.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, Including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during training session(s) include:
Third Party Report:
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment Report
- Choose and don PPE
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
- Health and Safety Incident Report
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below