22579VIC – Course In Verifying The Correct Use Of Adrenaline Injector Devices
The 22579VIC Course in Verifying the Correct Use of Adrenaline Injector Devices reflects the skills and knowledge required to verify that an individual who has undertaken the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) Anaphylaxis e-training for Victorian Schools can demonstrate correct use of adrenaline injector devices. They will be able to verify correct use of all adrenaline injector devices prescribed in the ASCIA e-training and are currently approved for use and available in Australia
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training.
Units Being Delivered:
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- 22579VIC – Course in Verifying the Correct Use of Adrenaline Injector Devices
- VU23086 – Verify the correct use of adrenaline injector devices
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- As a minimum, entrants to the course must have literacy and numeracy competencies equivalent to the Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3. An example of an ACSF Level 3 competency is being able to read and comprehend the ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis, use and respond to communication techniques to request appropriate emergency assistance at the scene of a First Aid incident and use writing skills to complete incident reports.
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
Have undertaken the current version of the ASCIA Anaphylaxis e-training for Victorian Schools:
- within last 30 days, and
- can evidence successful completion of this etraining with an ASCIA e-training certificate (signed in accordance with current Victorian School Anaphylaxis Guidelines).
Hold a Statement of Attainment for either of the following courses which have been completed within the timeframe specified in current Victorian School Anaphylaxis Guidelines:
- 22300VIC/22578VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis (or equivalent reaccredited version of this course): or
- 10710NAT Course in Allergy and Anaphylaxis Awareness (or equivalent previous or re-accredited version of this course)
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 120 minutes
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints:
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
Cost: $150 per person.
Prices are subject to change and additional costs may be charged for individual participant sessions.
Practical demonstrations :
- Performance Task – Verify the correct use of an autoinjector (EpiPen and Anapen)
- Reports & Forms – Complete the School anaphylaxis supervisor observation checklist
- A written assessment consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below