HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training.
HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid Course
Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
Instruction on basic first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
The course covers recording casualty condition, completing workplace incident documentation and debriefing for recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Unit HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid supersedes the previous competency HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid.
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by the training provider.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform all practical demonstrations including 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study options: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Refresher min. duration – N/A
- Blended min. duration – N/A
- Face-to-face min. duration – 960 minutes
- Online with face-to-face min. duration – 360 minutes
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below