22578VIC Course In First Aid Management Of Anaphylaxis
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- 22578VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- VU23090 – Provide first aid management of anaphylaxis.
- VU23091 – Develop risk minimisation and risk management strategies for anaphylaxis.
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at a facility organised by TalkSmart Training.
As a minimum, entrants to the course must have literacy and numeracy competencies equivalent to the Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3. An example of an ACSF Level 3 competency is being able to read and comprehend the ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis, use and respond to communication techniques to request appropriate emergency assistance at the scene of a First Aid incident and use writing skills to complete incident reports.
Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
Online study options: The online learning program can be found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet, or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment
|Refresher min. duration||120 minutes|
|Blended min. duration||120 minutes|
|Face-to-face min. duration||180 minutes|
|Online with face-to-face min. duration||15 minutes|
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
- Provide first aid treatment for anaphylaxis and administer adrenaline using a trainer autoinjector device on a mock casualty
- Provide first aid treatment for mild to moderate allergy which progresses to anaphylaxis and administers adrenaline using a trainer autoinjector device on a mock casualty
- Complete a First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a Risk Assessment
- Complete an Individual Anaphylaxis Management and Communication Plan
- A written exam consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below