HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training
HLTAID003 Course duration:
Blended & Blended Refresher- Completion of 2 hour of unsupervised pre-course study and 5.5 hours of face to face training and assessment.
Face to Face Refresher- Completing 5.5 hours of face to face training and assessment and workplace practical tasks.
Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 20-minute face to face practical assessment.
First Aid Level 2 | HLTAID003 | Provide First Aid
This First Aid Level 2 Course ( HLTAID003 ) will allow you to develop skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to provide first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury. You will develop the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention in a casualty with a serious condition prior to professional medical help being available, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of other less serious conditions, such as applying water for burns, or assisting someone choking.
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or involve severe bleeding. These procedures carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with an actual real-life situation.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
This level 2 first aid course is essential for everyday life events, allowing you to provide immediate and effective first aid to workers or others who have been injured or become ill at the workplace or at home. To complete this course you must be able to demonstrate and effectively complete the tasks outlined below and manage these tasks and contingencies within your work role. If you are looking to do sports first aid, this course is ideal.
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- ARC Guidelines relevant to provision of CPR and first aid
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- legal, workplace and community considerations including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
Considerations when providing first aid including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- how to conduct a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
First aid management of the following:
- abdominal injuries
- allergic reaction
- basic care of a wound
- bleeding control
- cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- choking and airway obstruction
- crush injuries
- environmental impact, including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke
- eye and ear injuries
- febrile convulsions
- head, neck and spinal injuries
- minor skin injuries
- needle stick injuries
- poisoning and toxic substances
- respiratory distress, including asthma
- seizures, including epilepsy
- soft tissue injuries, including strains and, sprains
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
- considerations in provision of first aid for specified conditions
Course Delivery: This course will be delivered:
In the workplace or at your venue.
Online learning with face to face assessment
Work Placement Arrangements: No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints: Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments: Cost: $160 per person
• Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider
Assessment Requirements: Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Entry Requirements: Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
• Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
o Perform CPR on an infant
o Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
o Choking with airway obstruction
o Unconscious casualty
o Bleeding and shock
o Snake or funnel web spider bite
o Sprains and fractures
• Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
o Perform CPR on an adult
o Breathing difficulties – Asthma
• Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment: The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below