22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training.
Blended & Blended Refresher- Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
Face to Face Refresher- Face to Face contact time of at least 3 Hours
Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – Face to Face contact time of at least 20 Mins
This course provides the skills and knowledge to be able to handle asthma emergency situations in the workplace. It provides background knowledge of the causes, symptoms and effects of asthma as well as emergency treatment.
- Develop risk minimisation strategies for the emergency management of asthma in accordance with legislative, regulatory and workplace requirements
- Plan for contingencies
- Assess emergency situations
- Control the situation according to established first aid principles prior to management of the asthma episode
- Apply first aid skills in accordance with emergency response procedures and medical action plans
- Convey the casualty’s details to emergency services
- Comply with the workplace’s incident recording requirements
- Respond appropriately to challenging situations recognising the psychological impacts of medical emergencies on individuals
- Follow workplace debriefing policies/procedures
- Contribute to the evaluation of responses to an incident in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate records
- Composition and essential components of an Asthma Management Plan
- Relevant workplace policies/procedures for the management of an asthma emergency
- Guidelines of Asthma peak bodies
- Risk management and minimisation strategies contextualised to the specific workplace environment
- Environmental hazard identification and minimisation
- Requirements in some workplaces for Police Checks and/or Working with Children Checks
- State/Territory regulatory requirements for asthma management relevant to workplace contexts
- Signs and symptoms of asthma – mild/moderate, severe and life-threatening
- Potential consequences of an asthma episode
- Common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- First aid principles and procedures for the emergency management of asthma; including individual Asthma Action Plans
- Common asthma medication and equipment
- Sources of medical assistance, such as: designated first aiders/first aid officers, general practitioners, ambulance
- Workplace’s debriefing policies/procedures
- State/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace requirements for refresher training to maintain currency of competence
The entry requirements for the course
Assessment activities for this course
Units delivered for this course
This can be found here https://talksmarttraining.trainingdesk.com.au/courses/100662
Course Delivery: This course will be delivered:
In the workplace or at your venue
Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 20-minute face to face practical assessment
Work Placement Arrangements: No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints: Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments: Cost: $70 per person
Prices are subject to change and additional costs may be charged for individual participant sessions.
• Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider
Assessment Requirements: Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
2556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
VU22927 – Manage asthma risks and emergencies in the workplace
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below