100% Online (HLTAID011 PROVIDE FIRST AID)
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by TalkSmart Training.
Full Online First Aid Course
The complete course can be completed from the comfort of your home or office with comprehensive online learning covering training and theory assessment with a short practical assessment session via video conference.
This online first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury, in line with legal, workplace and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
The online learning covers topics such as assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by the training provider.
- Entry Requirements
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Participants will be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending a video conference practical assessment session.
- Participants must have access to suitable video conferencing equipment. This will include a reliable internet connection, and a computer/laptop with microphone, speakers, and camera functionality.
Online with face to face min duration 60 minutes
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both online written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Cost is $80 per person.
Prices are subject to change and additional costs may be charged for individual participant sessions.
Online Theory Assessment: An online assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Video Conference Practical Assessment: (An equipment pack consisting of all the required equipment needed for assessment will be mailed out. Leading up to the scheduled video conferencing assessment session, an email will be sent out with the link to access the conferencing platform)
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Ready To Learn First Aid?
Contact us on 0417 854 274 or fill out the form below